Do you want a future career working as an Instructor in Outdoor Adventure?
Are you currently looking to do a Duke of Edinburgh Gold Residential?
Combine the two here at Harbour Challenge!
By taking part in the Volunteering Gold Residential, you will get an unique opportunity to gain experience with our team of multi-activity Instructors and help us run our busy Outdoor Adventure Centre this season. Something that will look great on your CV.
Your duties could include helping out on activities, or on our popular Holiday Clubs, logging and checking equipment and undertaking routine maintenance around the Centre.
One of the essential parts of any Residential is the food! You could will be involved in the meal preparation and cooking for your group.
The price includes your tented accommodation and your food for the week. However, please bring a packed lunch for the first day.
This Residential is open to any DofE participant looking to complete there gold residential.
The Volunteering Gold Residential runs over 5 days and four nights.
Money from every activity you purchase goes directly to helping those less fortunate to try the same activities. You can see where your money makes a difference by checking out our charity page for our latest projects.
Harbour Challenge is easy to find - we are in the centre of Hamworthy Park in Poole. You can leave your car at Hamworthy Park Surface Car Park, take the main path through the park, past the cafe, and we are located near to the water’s edge.
- Gold Residential Includes
- Shared tented accommodation with your fellow participants
- Campsite fees
- Food throughout the week (except for lunch the first day)
- Support and guidance from our office before and after your residential
- The use of all activity equipment, and instruction including wetsuits, wind proofs and buoyancy aids
- Everyone but please be aware that the DofE requirements state that group bookings are not permitted.
- However, in exceptional cases we will accept bookings of you plus one friend or family member (maximum).