Boat and Equipment Hire
If you want the opportunity to enhance your skills or just fancy a pleasure trip then Harbour Challenge equipment hire is for you.
We have to hire a large range of dinghy's, kayaks, mountain bikes and stand-up paddle boards.
Our fleet of dinghy's includes Wayfarer, Laser Picos,Topper, Topaz and some high performance dinghies.
We also have a very large fleet of kayaks including sea kayaks, play boats,creek boats, sit onto single and doubles and Canadian canoes.
We have a fleet of windsurf boards that are also available for the individual or small group to hire.
All our boats and equipment can be hired by the hour, or day (availability and weather permitting).
Climbing wall hire is £350 per session with one staff member delivered locally within the price to book this please contact the office direct.
If you have an enquiry or would like to reserve your booking immediately please call the office only Monday to Friday on 01202 678336 between 9am and 4pm
If your enquiry is for weekends please call this number 07397156201 between 9am and 3pm (please be aware that staff are on sessions and they will call you back as soon as they can).
If you email us with your booking we aim to respond within within one working day except on weekends click her to book
Last booking is at 15.30 each day.
T&C For Hire
- Normal Office Hours Monday to Friday 9 am to 4 pm
- Bookings made outside of the these hours will be responded to as if they had been received on the next available working day.
- Unfortunately booking made after 4 pm on Fridays and weekends will not be dealt with until Monday.
- Hire fees must be paid in full, prior to use.
- For sailing boats the hirer must have RYA basics skills or be able to demonstrate competence to that level. If we judge that a hirer is not to the required standard we reserve the right to end the hire session or restrict the hirer to a reduced sailing area close to shore.
- For all other activities the hirer must meet the min requirement standard as set out by the centre.
- The hirer must remain within the specified sailing area and comply with instructions from Harbour Challenge Staff This area will be defined on the day of hire depending on tide and weather conditions and on our assessment of the competence of the hirer.
- The minimum age for hiring a boat is 16 years.
- Boats must have a competent sailor on board at all times.
- Buoyancy aids are supplied by the centre and must be worn by all persons throughout the hire session.
- The hirer agrees to pay the insurance excess of £250 in the event of damage to the boat or equipment
- The centre reserves the right to cancel or postpone a hire session if weather conditions or other factors make this necessary.
- Sailing can be hazardous by its nature, and students, parents and guardians must accept that there are risks involved in participating in this activity.
- Harbour Challenge does not accept responsibility for any loss, damage or injury suffered by persons and / or their property arising out of the hiring of our equipment.
- All activities are weather depended and can be cancelled on the day.