Alexandra Park is a small (six-acre) public open space set within the densely urbanised area of Parkstone in Poole, the bowling green and pavilion was home to Alexandra Park Lawn Bowls Club, established in the 1920s. it has recently been taken over by Harbour Challenge and has been given a new lease of live and is being converted into a Community Hub available for hire to individuals and groups alike.
The Community Hub is home to Out and About Dorset, a day care facility providing a fulfilling professional service that supports adults with moderate to severe learning difficulties.
Their fantastic staff and facilities enable them to provide a stimulating and fun environment, where the adults can feel valued, safe and in control. Everyone is treated as an individual and equally within our setting. Together we learn and develop those all-important life skills enhancing independence, social skills and quality of life. They currently operate Monday, Tuesday and Fridays. For more information on Out and About please visit their website. www.outandaboutdorset.com
The Community Hub post eighteen Wicked Wednesdays club runs every Tuesday from 7pm to 9pm It is a partnership of opportunity between Harbour Challenge and Out and About,it is run along the same lines as Out and About Dorset’s day time group leveraging Harbour Challenge’s ethos of “anything is possible”. For more information on joining this club please email us. Email.
Rates of Hire
All hires include facilities for making hot drinks and for food preparation.
- Kitchen Hire (cooker,fridge, microwave,burco) £5.00 per each hour of hire.
- £20 per hour for high users (once a week or more)
- £25 per hour for low users (once a month or less)
- £65 For Children’s Parties (3 hours max) £15 per hour thereafter.
- £160 day Saturdays: 8am – 4pm. £20 per hour thereafter or from 5pm – 10pm (terms apply)
Sundays: 10am – 5pm or £20 per hour (min 3 hours)
- £300 per day.For Weddings (10am – 10pm) includes use of the kitchen
- £450 per 2 day. For events, such as Art Exhibitions, Carpet Sales. (includes use of the kitchen)
To make a booking please email us or phone the office on 01202 678336