Do you have what it takes to spend a night under the stars in your own hand-built shelter?
Do you have the urge to go primal and catch your own dinner?
How are your fire making, archery and axe throwing skills?
All of these questions can be answered by taking part in our overnight survival course led by our very own Bear Grylls trained Instructor.
Ideal for stags, hens, family bonding and any group looking to show off their team building skills. Plus.. there are plenty of Instagram -worthy photos to be had from you and your group building your own shelter, foraging for food and making fire.
There are four main principles of survival - fire, food, shelter and water filtration – but not necessarily in that order. We will show you how to secure them all.
On your Overnight Survival Challenge, you will cover the following: 8pm to 8am
- Don’t panic! – The priorities of survival
- Build a shelter - Emergency shelter building using a tarp
- Make fire! - Fire lighting with friction
- Archery - how to shoot a moving target
- Lunch of grubs and insects – joking just checking you’re paying attention
- So, we’re going to be here overnight – how to use what nature provides to build an overnight natural shelter
- Starting to feel a little dehydrated - how to source water and make it safe. Understanding the potential problems with wild water.
- Axe Throwing! Do we need to elaborate?
- What about food? – Flora, Fauna and Furies. How to prepare and cook dinner and breakfast (don’t worry you don’t have to catch it first)
- Get me out of here! Navigation, astronomy navigation and signalling plus self-rescue if all else fails
Money from every activity you purchase goes directly to helping those less fortunate to try the same activities. You can see where your money makes a difference by checking out our charity page for our latest projects.
Harbour Challenge is easy to find - we are in the centre of Hamworthy Park in Poole. You can leave your car at Hamworthy Park Surface Car Park, take the main path through the park, past the cafe, and we are located near to the water’s edge.
Please note that our survival courses take place at Holten Lee, just outside Wareham. 74 E Holton, Holton Heath, Poole BH16 6JN
- Useful Info
Experience Level Required
Minimum age 8. Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult
The desire to survive!
Coastal Survival Challenge
10am until 10am next day
Full Day with overnight stay in hand built shelter