Forget about your phone, put down the PlayStation controller and leave the straighteners at home… This 90 min taster session you are about to embark on a wild adventure with our very own Bear Grylls trained Instructor.
There are four main principles of survival - fire, food, shelter and water – but not necessarily in that order! We will show you how to secure them all.
Plus.. there are plenty of Instagram -worthy photos to be had from you and your friends building your own shelter, foraging for food and making fire.
Great for hens, stags, parent-child bonding, family experiences and groups looking for a fun team trip with a difference.
On your Woodland Survival Experience, you will cover the following:
- Help! Where do I start? – Emergency shelter building using a tarp
- Don’t panic! – The priorities of survival
- How to take advantage of existing natural shelter like fallen trees and caves
- Ok, I’m getting cold now - Fire lighting with friction
- Starting to feel a little dehydrated! - Water sources and the problems with wild water
- Are we getting fed? – No!! – but we show you how to catch and prepare and cook some food (don’t worry you don’t have to catch it first)
- Get me out of here! Navigation and signalling plus how to self – rescue if all else fails
So, from the meeting point in Wareham near Poole, you’ll enter the woodland with your Instructor and the fun will begin….
Money from every activity you purchase goes directly to helping those less fortunate to try the same activities. You can see where your money makes a difference by checking out our charity page for our latest projects
Harbour Challenge is easy to find - we are in the centre of Hamworthy Park in Poole. You can leave your car at Hamworthy Park Surface Car Park, take the main path through the park, past the cafe, and we are located near to the water’s edge.
Our Survival Courses will meet at Holten Lee, just outside Wareham. 74 E Holton, Holton Heath, Poole BH16 6JN
- Useful Info
Experience Level Required
Minimum age 8.
Under 16 must be accompanied by an adult
The desire to survive!
Overnight Survival Course